The Embassy is situated in the historical part of the city, near the Presidential Palace and the Serbian Parliament. The Embassy building, which had been rented since 1933, became the property of the Turkish State in 1967. The famous Serbian poet, Jovan Jovanoviç Zmay, had also lived in that building, as testified by a memorial plaque displayed on the façade of the Embassy.
The Embassy has about 25 staff members and includes the office of the Military Attaché.
The Embassy is the only Turkish diplomatic mission in Serbia.